Doing the dishes

For the last twenty-eight years, Mrs Jxn and I have had this arrangement. She puts together an incredibly delicious meal in the evening and all I have to do in return is to wash the dishes. Trust me, there have been two or three times in that twenty-eight years that I've had to put together a menu for just two or three days and by the third day the Goddesses-In-Training and I end up at Pizza King. I don't know how she does it, but I'm certain I've got the easy end of the bargain. Luckily I can lift heavy objects and kill spiders so she keeps me around.

This evening I felt like a little music to wash dishes by, and decided on a DVD that U2 recorded at Slane Castle in Ireland (they're from there) at the end of the European leg of their Elevation Tour, right before September 11th. Marpha and I had caught the boys at Conseco in May on that tour and I still consider it the best concert I've ever seen, and I've been going to concerts since Kansas opened for Bachman-Turner in Fort Wayne in 1973.

Those of you who know me, know that I'm not a very religious person. Spiritual maybe, religious, not so much. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned U2 is not only the greatest rock band in the world (sorry Andrea), they can rightfully claim title as the greatest christian rock band in history. Through the miracle of Youtube, here's a little taste for you.

Hope you liked that. Go back and listen to any of their stuff you want. Given some consideration, most of it could be sung on Sunday morning at your local Jesusdome.

Enough preaching. We're racing Crabs at Folkie's tomorrow night and thanx to The Original Sarah, there's ninety bucks on the line. It's been a while since they ran, but I'm thinking #88, #95, or #17. Can't say for sure, I'm just a DJ, but you can decide for yourself. Whatever the outcome, I guarantee it will be fun, and I know I'll play some U2. See you there!

djjj

Comments